Tuesday, September 15, 2009

God Is Faithful To Those That Are Faithful To Him



Psalm 145:14-15

The Lord upholds all who fall and raises up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look expectantly to you, and you give them their food in due season.

David once said, “I once was young, now I’m old and I’ve never seen the Righteous forsaken, nor his seed in the streets begging for bread. (Psalm 37:25)” The key phrase here is, “I’ve never seen the Righteous forsaken.” God has a way of looking out for his children that are committed to living Right. There is an overwhelming sense of security when you know you are living right vs. when you know you are not living in God’s will.

The Psalmist says that God upholds all who fall. With this economy in near collapse, there are a lot of people who need God’s help to get back on their feet. The question is, “have we been seeking God’s face and not just his hand?” We must commit ourselves to making God a priority as Jesus said, “Seek first the Kingdom of God and his Righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.”

God restores our dignity; he raises up all who are bowed down. With the way things are now its hard for a lot of people to hold up their heads but God is a lifter of my head. I will lift up my eyes to the hills because my help comes from the Lord; He is the lifter of my head.

The eyes of all look to God with expectantcy. Every morning we ought to wake up with expectancy. When your ways are pleasing to God, you ought to expect something to happen. When the Israelites were in the wilderness God allowed Manna and Quail to come out of the sky to feed the hungry nation. God is still opening up the windows of heaven for those that are looking with expectancy. He will give us our food in due season. Due season means that we may not get it at the same time as other people but when it’s our season, God will give us what we need when we need it the most.
In order to benefit from the faithfulness of God we must put ourselves in a position to receive it. We must be committed to God in order to be recipients. God is faithful….

1. To those who call upon Him. Jesus said, “Ask and it shall be given, Seek and you will find, knock and the door shall be opened. “When we call upon the name of God and ask it in Jesus name, it shall be given.

2. To those who fear Him. Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools [a] despise wisdom and discipline. Fear means reverence. When we have a healthy respect for the Holiness of God, it signals to God that we really do know who he is and the acknowledgment of Him as God then creates a release of provision because we are His children.

3. To those who love Him. Jesus said, “If you love me then you will keep my commandments.” God has said, “You say you love me with your lips but your heart is far from me.” It’s time for us to show God we love him and not just say we love him.

Dear God, I’ve been distracted and off focus. You are my priority as well as my life line. In you I live, move, and have my being. I’m expecting breakthrough for your people because we are calling on your name. As we shift our allegiance back to you, please hear our cry and feed us till we want no more. Thank you for being a faithful and on time God. We love you and today we are going to show you by living out your commandments.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment