Monday, November 1, 2010

Overcoming Unbelief

Mark 9:24
Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief!”


With the advancement of technology, it's possible to be two places at the same time. You can be at home but be seen in Japan thanks to internet connections like Skype and Facetime. It’s amazing to be able to reach out to people that you normally wouldn’t be able to see. It’s also possible to be in two places at the same time in your mind. That is, to live with paradox. Two opposing thoughts caught in a tug of war between two paradigms. We walk around in a world with real challenges while at the same time in our mind we see the possibilities to overcome those obstacles. I dare say there is a third dimension called faith where our ways are not his ways but to access his ways we have to make a mental connection through our belief that is sometimes a shaky bridge to the other side of our dilemma. I believe but help me with my unbelief.

I know God can but the facts are so staggering that I just don’t know how to wrap my mind around divine possibilities. I believe but how do I overcome my unbelief?

1. You have to pray to God to strengthen your faith.

2. You have to practice your faith through your living and your giving. When you do what God tells you to do it’s strengthening your faith muscles. When you trust him in the little things then it becomes easier to trust him in the big things.

3. Reinforce your faith with positive affirmations and scripture memorization.

4. Some tough situations require that you fast and pray. Fasting shows God you are serious and it helps you focus in on the spiritual and not the physical.

5. Bring your Problem to Jesus and leave it there.

Dear God,
I do believe but help me overcome my unbelief. There have been times when I pulled back when I should have leaped. Times when I should have stood still and instead I moved too quickly. Times when I doubted after I prayed but I’m asking you to remove all doubt and give me the boldness of belief. I know that you are able to help me make the connection to faith knowing you can and you will. Today, I’m praying and believing you are able and my faith is renewed. Fix it Jesus like I know you can.

In your name I pray believing it is done.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment