Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm Back!

Daniel 4:36
At the same time that my sanity was restored, my honor and splendor were returned to me for the glory of my kingdom. My advisors and nobles sought me out, and I was restored to my throne and became even greater than before.


It’s good to see Michael Vick back where he’s supposed to be. For a while it looked like his legacy was over. He had a brilliant career that skyrocketed with the Atlanta Falcons, great salary, commercials, endorsements, but it all came to a screeching halt when Michael was convicted for dog fighting and animal cruelty. It wasn’t just the dog fighting that got him in trouble but it was the “ego drift” that got him caught up with the wrong things and the wrong people. After coming out of Prison and losing everything. He got his job back with Philadelphia, his contract with Nike, but more than that he’s doing better than he was before.

We all can get in a place of “Ego Drift” where we think we are above the law and we are our own god. Where we have a big Ego we can Edge God Out of our lives and lose our minds.

God sent Daniel to interpret King Nebuchadnezzar’s nightmare. God will always send warning before destruction. Daniel told the King in verse 27: “Renounce your sins by doing what is right, and your wickedness by being kind to the oppressed. It may be that then your prosperity will continue.”

Instead of listening the King started bragging: verse 30 “Is not this the great Babylon I have built as the royal residence, by my mighty power and for the glory of my majesty?”

God drove him away from the people and made him lose his mind. His hair grew so long it looked like eagle feathers and his nails like claws. He lived out in the wilderness eating grass like a cow and drenched by the rain.

We are all in danger of going through seasons where we can lose our minds. Because we think we should get all the glory for our story. When we forget to give God the credit and the Glory we begin an “ego drift.”

When we start an Ego drift we tend to:

1. Brag on ourselves. The bible tells us to “let another man boast about us.” You shouldn’t have to toot your own horn.

2. Become condescending. We talk bad to people and think more highly of ourselves than we should.

3. Become Stingy and Greedy.

4. Don’t acknowledge God.

Sometimes God has to break us all the way down to build us back up better than we were before. In order to get back to where you were before your breakdown you have to do what it says in verse 34:

1. Raise your eyes toward heaven. This is a posture of prayer.

2. Praise the Most High. God inhabits the praises of his people.

3. Honor and Glorify God.

When you do that God will give you back what you lost, look in verse 36:

1. Your sanity will be restored.

2. Honor and splendor will return.

3. Important People will seek you out.

4. You will be restored to position and prosperity.

5. You become even greater than before.

Dear God,

Thank you for building me back up after my breakdown. I lost my mind for a season but now I’m back better than I was before. Everything that happened to me that was good, God you did it. Thank you for restoration.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment