Thursday, February 9, 2012

How Are You Going to Handle This?

Acts 16:18

She kept this up for many days. Finally, Paul became so troubled that he turned around and said to the Spirit. In the Name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her! “At that moment the Spirit left her.

Have you ever had one of those weeks where bad things kept happening back to back? Or maybe you are in a miniseries drama with one particular spirit that keeps following you at work, on Facebook, or twitter; at school, at home. Every time you turn around this antagonizing spirit keeps following you. The temptation is to allow your frustration to explode on this person but the right thing is to speak to the spirit.

Before we were born again of the Holy Spirit we were not able to discern between a person and a personality disorder. We were not able to discern when a person was naturally mean or they were going through something that didn’t even have anything to do with you. We all have been exposed to aggravating moments and people but the question is how are you going to handle this?

Paul and Silas were being followed by a slave girl for many days who kept telling their business. She kept saying day after day, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you how to be saved.” She did this all day every day. It troubled Paul. Have you ever had anybody that followed you that bothered you? It wasn’t them; it was a Spirit on them. How do you handle a pesky Spirit? A jealous spirit? A lustful spirit? A stalking spirit? A worrisome sprit? You have to:

1. Turn Around and face what’s been bothering you. A lot of times we try to keep going and ignore it but sooner than later you have to turn around and trouble your trouble. It’s not going to stop until you face it.

2. Speak to the spirit without attacking the person. Many times what’s on a person doesn’t truly represent who they are or what they are going through. This girl was a slave which meant her existence was miserable and she had a spirit but not the Holy Spirit. In speaking to the Spirit, Paul realized that the girl needed to be released from the control of the spirit. We have to speak to whatever spirit is on a person by allowing our Holy Spirit to speak for us.

3. Pray to God to remove the Sprit so that you can talk to the person. Before you go into any confrontation ask God to remove the evil spirit off the person so that you can speak to that person’s heart. It probably wouldn’t be a good idea to go into work or school and start yelling, “In the name of Jesus come out of them!” LOL, but instead in your own private prayer time ask God to remove whatever spirit is on the person troubling you.

Dear God,

I Pray that you would give me the patience to deal with difficult people. Help me to see past the Sprit and talk to the person. Give me the authority to expel evil spirits to save relationship and ease my frustrations. Help me to salvage relationships out of necessary confrontations.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time with "troubling my troubles" but its alot easier for me to point the finger when they are close to me. Yesterday I was at work in a class of a sick teacher. I was told I had the worse class so I was proud of myself when I made it through the day with the same period for three hours of testing. Later that day after the kids had left a teacher walked pass my room not seeing me blurt out "She didnt even pick up the calculators. She was an awful sub! Over 4 years of subbing I had never heard such a terrible discuss. She told students to step in and picked them up. As they entered I told them I was still in the room and that I would take care of it (smiling). I am tired of smiling when people say ugly things to me.

    I did report her but still I have been walked over and turned my had away when wronged. When should something be said?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please excuse some of the errors (disgust, pick, head).

    ReplyDelete