Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I've Got Something Better Than Money



Acts 3:6 I have no silver or gold but what I have I give you; in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, stand up and walk.

Money is hard to come by these days. People are hard pressed to find jobs and make ends meet. There are signs that the economy is trying to recover but like the crippled man by the gate called Beautiful, it’s slow to get up.

According to CNN only one-quarter of Americans think the federal stimulus plan has helped the middle class while a majority says it has helped bankers and investors, according to a new national poll. Giving more money to a crippled economy is not going to help it walk, the system needs total restoration.

A crippled man sit by the gate called Beautiful that was in front of the temple begging for alms when Peter and John were going in for prayer. Peter looked at him and said, “I don’t have what you are looking for, I don’t have any money but what I do have I freely give in the Name of Jesus get up and walk!” I have something better than money, in the name of Jesus walk. The bible says immediately his ankles were strengthened and he leaped to his feet.

What’s going to get us back on our feet is the power of Jesus Christ. Our over dependence on money is what crippled us as a nation in the first place, our misuse of money, and our idolatry of money crippled us causing us to be dependent on the alms of oil sheiks, and corrupt dictators. It’s the power of Jesus that is going to get us on our feet and heal our crippled country.

1. Prayer is the starting place. Peter and John were on their way into the temple to pray when they saw the man.

2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.


2. We have to make God’s Kingdom a priority. Jesus said in Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

3. Give what you got. Peter didn’t have gold but he gave his gift of healing. He didn’t have Silver but he used his service to the crippled man. Only what you do for Christ will last.

Matthew 6:19-21 (New International Version)
Treasures in Heaven
19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Dear God, thank you for giving me something greater than money and that is your Holy Spirit and favor on my life. Your power has taken me further than any stimulus package ever could. I trust you for a full recovery for this crippled economy because I realize that my healing is in you.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment