Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What's Holding You Up?

Psalms 41:12 In My integrity you uphold me and set me in your presence forever.

Sometimes, we prop ourselves up with things that cannot hold us. Titles without character lead to corruption. There must be something on the inside that keeps us so that we will not fall when the weight of success or the trials of temptations come upon us.

King David praised God that his integrity caused God to uphold him. Integrity is who you are when no one is looking. I had dinner with Pastor/Author, Larry Osborne, the other night. he said that all three of his children were grown, graduated from college, and walking with the Lord. I asked him what was the secret to his success of raising such great kids while pastoring a mega church. He said, "They only saw one Dad! I was the same at home as I was in public." That's integrity.

When you have integrity:

1. God upholds you. God will sustain you through the good and the bad when your ways are pleasing to him.

2. God will set you. Promotion doesn't come from men but from God.

3. God will be with you and allow you in his presence forever.

Dear God,

Fill me where I'm empty, build me up where I'm torn down. Uphold me with your sweet Spirit. Whatever you do, don't take your Joy from me.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment