Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Better to Be a Nobody

Proverbs 12:9
Better to be a nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food.
Being under the radar is a good thing; you can get more accomplished when the spotlight is not on you. Many people desire to be in the limelight before their work is done and their lack of development is exposed.

The writer of Proverbs said, “It’s better to be an ordinary person and work for a living than act important and starve in the process.” Some people are so busy posing that they never become productive or reach their purpose.

Some of the most famous people in the world have lamented their loss of obscurity. Elvis Presley once said, “I wish I could just walk down the street and get a cheeseburger.”

It’s better to be an ordinary person who has contentment than to be a person seeking attention but starving.

Why is it better to be ordinary?
  1. You have peace of mind when you live a quiet life. 1 Thessalonians 4:11
          Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your
          hands, just as we instructed you before. (NLT)

     2. You have a Balanced life.

          Proverbs 30:8-9
          O God, I beg two favors from you;
           let me have them before I die.

           First, help me never to tell a lie.
           Second, give me neither poverty nor riches!
           Give me just enough to satisfy my needs.

           For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?”
           And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.
3. You have a real life

     John 10:10
     The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and 
     satisfying life.


Dear God,

Thank you for my ordinary life. I’m just a nobody trying to tell everybody about somebody who can save anybody.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment