Monday, August 5, 2013

The Right Time

John 7:6
The right time for me has not yet come, for you any time isright

Don’t let anybody rush you into anything that is not ready for you. Notice that I didn’t say,“That you are ready for.” It’s not about what we are ready for but its moreabout what God has ready for us. We must be in tune with God to know what time it is.

Jesus’ brothers were trying to push him into a public popularity contest but Jesus was like Sweet Brown, “Ain’t nobody got time for that.” Jesus was on God’s time. He told his brothers, who didn’t really believe in him anyway, “It's not the right time for me, but anytime is right for you.” It’s amazing how people who have their own agenda for your life want to rush you into something that God has put on your schedule. If you are not careful other people will push you into something that God hasn’t allotted your time for.

Jesus’ brothers were not sensitive to the will of God for his life so therefore it didn’t matter to them when the right time for promotion was. Jesus knew that promotion doesn’t come from the east or he west but from God, therefore you have to wait on God’s timing for your life not what other people think about your time. In order to do that you must:

1. Discern the time. There were some men from Issachar, men who understood the times and knew what Israel should do I Chronicle 12:32 we need to pray to God that he would give us the gift of discernment so that we can interpret the times in which we live.

2. Don’t let people rush you. Only you and God know the exact time in which you should act. At best people can confirm what you already know from being in relationship with God. Be careful in letting other people set your watch.

3. Take your time to make sure you’re ready. Success comes when preparation meets opportunity.

4. Use your time to prepare for your time. When God puts you on stage make sure you’ve prepared yourself ahead of time.

5. Don’t waste your time. When it’s your time make sure you utilize every moment that God gives you.

I have only just a minute, only 60 seconds in it Forced upon me,can’t refuse it
Didn’t seek it, didn’t choose it
But it’s up to me to use it
I must suffer if I loose it
Give account if I abuse it
Just a tiny little minute
But an eternity lives in it

- Willie Jolley

Dear God,

Thank you for taking the time to prepare me for my season. Thank you for letting me have my turn when it was my time. Keep me in tune with your time so I will not miss my turn.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment