Wednesday, March 17, 2010

We Have The Mind of Christ

I Corinthians 2:16
For who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.


Have you ever heard someone ask you, “What’s on your mind?” It’s often asked when you are quiet or sitting there in great consternation when people can’t figure out what is going through your mind. Often times, I wish I had a little camera to peep into the mind of my wife to figure out what she’s really thinking when she tells me that she’s not thinking about anything even though I know she is. I bet a lot of women would want this camera to see what we are thinking when we retreat into our caves and shut down emotionally.

More frustrating than trying to figure out what our loved ones are thinking is trying to figure out what is on the mind of God. What does God think about me? What does God want me to do? How does God feel about what I’m involved in right now?
Paul asks a rhetorical question here in 1 Corinthians 2:16 who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him? God’s wisdom is so infinite that there is no one that can teach him but there is a way we can reach him. We have the mind of Christ. When we are born again by accepting Jesus Christ as our savior and are baptized with water then receive the Holy Spirit we receive the mind of Christ. So what is this a brain transplant? No we receive the Holy Spirit which knows the mind of God because His Holy Spirit searches everything even the depths of God. When our spirit connects with God’s spirit as a result of our relationship with Jesus we can get revelation as to what is on the mind of God.

God shares what’s on his mind via the Holy Spirit.

1. In his Word... Proverbs 23:12
apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.

2. In Vision…Hosea 12:10
I spoke to the prophets, gave them many visions and told parables through them

3. In Prophecy…2 Peter 1:19
And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

4. In Nature…Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

5. In Preaching/teaching…Romans 10:14
how then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Dear God, thank you for giving us the mind of Christ. I understand you and know you through the Holy Spirit. Thank you for Jesus and for giving us the mind of Christ. Thank you for your Holy Spirit that searches the depths of your being so that I can know what’s on your mind. Today, fill me with your Spirit so I can know what you are thinking and where you want me to go.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment