Tuesday, March 16, 2010

You Have A Choice

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live.


Every day we wake up we have a choice. We have to choose whether or not we are going to get up on time. We choose whether we are going to spend time in prayer or rush out of the house. We have to choose what to wear and what not to wear. We have to choose whether to exercise or to continue to ignore that little voice reminding us that our temples are in need of maintenance.

The bigger choice we have to make daily is doing life our way or God’s way but this decision is reflected in the little choices we make minute by minute. Moses reminded the children of Israel that God had set before them Life and Death, blessings and curses but He tells them to choose life.

In life, God and satan have a taste test. They have their brands of life on tables side by side.

God has his cups on the table labeled: 1) Life 2) Death 3) Blessings 4) Curses
He allows you to taste of each one so that you know what it tastes like but admonishes you to choose the right one. God gives you free will so sometimes in your life you have tasted of each of these but the Grace of God didn’t allow you to die even though you taste something potentially lethal. God wishes that none would perish but that all would be saved. That’s why He didn’t let you die even though you tasted the wrong thing.

God sent Jesus to help you make the right choice by taking death and Curses from the table and drinking them himself. The only two cups left on God’s table are Life and blessings because Jesus took what was deadly off the table.

On Satan’s table he has the same cups but the only thing is that he has switched the cups so that what brings life is switched with death and what you thought was a blessing is really deadly. To avoid brand confusion you need only to make the right choice. Choose life. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man can come to the father except he come through me. “Jesus said, “I have come to give you life and life more abundantly.

Choose Life:

1. By accepting Jesus. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.

2. Follow Him daily.

3. Deny yourself. Your ways are not God’s ways. There is a way that seems right to a man and then there is God’s way. Make sure you are led by God’s spirit so that you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

4. Keep His commandments. Jesus said, “If you love me then keep my commandments.”

Dear God, keep me day by day. For if you lead me I will not stray. I’ve tasted all the imitations of life but today I choose Jesus because he’s the Real thing and I’m going to obey my thirst for Righteousness because only You can satisfy. When I choose Jesus today I know I’ve got the right one because I’ve tasted that the Lord our God is Good and I’ve chosen Life.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment