Thursday, June 17, 2010

Who Do You Work For?

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.


Every day we go to work we have to find motivation for our work unless we are a part of the elite group of people you find meaning in work and meaning at work because they are working in their purpose. But there is a great majority not working in a place of purpose yet and they must still show up to work every day. Instead of faking it 'til you make it change your paradigm as to who you are working for. Look at your job as a mission field where God’s eye is always on you to see if you can help him expand his Kingdom through righteous living. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart.

All my life I’ve had a drive and I never half step. If I’m going to do a job I do it with everything I got. Leave it all on the floor. Whatever God blesses you with work at it with all your heart.

Work at as if you are working for God not for men. If you work for men your work will be inconsistent because at some point men will let your down, anger you, or disappoint you but when you work for God your labor is not in vain. God’s benefits outweigh man’s any day. Jesus says, “come unto me all of you who labor and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me. For my yoke is easy and my burdens are light.”

Dear God, today I’m working for you because your retirement plan of eternal life is second to none. Your compensation of daily bread is fulfilling. The way you promote me in the presence of my enemies is gratifying. Thank you for letting me serve you and work in your vineyard. I wouldn’t serve any other! You are an awesome God and worthy to be praised. Thank you for my position and for my purpose.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment