Thursday, March 31, 2011

Look for the Open Door

I Corinthians 16:8-9
I will stay on at Ephesus until Pentecost, because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me.


Whenever you have position you will have opposition. No good deed goes unnoticed, has always meant that people will acknowledge when you have done something good. We really haven’t taken the time to really think about who’s taking notice. There are people who are cheering you on from the sidelines and people who are hoping you fail. You can’t waste time trying to figure out who’s for you and who’s against you. Your focus should be on the open door God has provided. So many times we get preoccupied with the people on the sidelines that we forget to look ahead at the open door.

When you are being effective in your particular field you must realize that God called you there and he is the one keeping the door open. You can’t leave where you are as long as God has the door open and you are doing effective work. Every person I’ve known in the bible or in real life has always had opposition when they were doing something great. If the enemy is not messing with you it’s because you’re probably not attempting to do anything great for God. But when God opens up a great door there will always be opposition. As a matter of fact, for every new level there is a new devil.

The Apostle Paul said, I will stay on at Ephesus until Pentecost because a great door for effective work has opened to me.” When God has a great door open for you:

You can’t move on until your work is done. I’ve seen so many people quit too early simply because they ran into opposition. Some opposition ought to encourage you to know that you are doing the right thing and you are close to your breakthrough.
You can’t let opposition stop you. Jesus said, “Greater is he that is in you than he that is against you.” When you have opposition look at it as resistance training. When people get in your way they can only slow you but they can’t stop you because if God be for you who can come against you?

Focus on the door not the people. The door that God has for you is so “Great” you don’t have time to focus on small people. Look at the big picture and what it’s going to take to get through that door. Focus on your game plan, do effective work, work smart not hard. God has opened this door, now run through it!

Wait for Pentecost! Pentecost is the day that the Holy Spirit came down on the Apostles. When it’s time for God to advance you he will allow a day of Pentecost so you can walk into everything he has for you. Look for the Open door.

Dear God,
Thank you for the open door. I know you will give me the resources to complete what you have called me to do in spite of those who oppose me. I’m encouraged by my opposition because that lets me know that there is a Great Door for me to do effective work. I feel my help coming on! Thank you for the Open Door!

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment