Thursday, November 17, 2011

God Will Supply

2 Corinthians 9:10

Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.


When I was a little boy, my granddaddy would take me to the seed supply store to get seeds to plant in our garden. Everything we needed to plant a harvest was in the supply store; farming equipment, fertilizer, and seeds. After we got the seeds we had to go plough the field and sow the seeds. That was so exciting as a little boy to help my granddaddy sow those seeds and anticipate a harvest coming up.

God is our seed supplier. Everything we need for a harvest he has in his storehouse. What’s amazing is that his storehouse is filled through the faithfulness of the believers. (Malachi 3:10) Then the seed is sown or scattered abroad to the poor. The only way we experience a harvest is when we faithfully sow the seed that God has provided. Unless the seed goes into the ground and dies it cannot bear fruit. You cannot eat your seed and expect a harvest.

God will Supply…

1. He Supplies seed to the Sower. God Is not obligated to give seed to people who do not sow. Paul reminds us in verse 6, “Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.”

2. God will give us our daily bread. God is a provider and he will give us what we need when we sow our seed. When we sow our seed God provides for our needs.

3. God will supply and increase your store of seed when you sow. God is our supply store but his currency for seed is generosity. When we are generous in sowing giving, and helping others he will keep supplying and increasing our store of seed. Verse 11, “You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion.”

4. God will enlarge your harvest of Righteousness. When you do what is right in God’s sight he will enlarge your harvest.
Our increase is dependent on our generous release of the seed that God supplies. Your harvest can’t grow until you let go of the seed in your hand. Plant it in good ground today.

Dear God,

Thank you for the seed you have supplied. All I have needed your hand has provided. Thank you for my harvest. I know that everything good that has happened to me you did it, and as a result I’m filled with thanksgiving. I’m ready to go sow my seeds today so I can reap my harvest tomorrow!

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment