Thursday, October 8, 2009

Your Redemption Is Near!



Luke 21:28
Now when these things begin to happen look up and lift up your heads because your redemption draws near.

There is a movie coming out called “2012” which depicts the beginning of the world's end. The special effects are astonishingly devastating. It is eerie to see Los Angeles fall into the ocean and see skyscrapers tumble like a deck of cards. Many people have predicted that something catastrophic will occur in “2012,” the truth of the matter is that no man knows when the day or the hour will come but God is giving us signs that the day of our redemption is near.

Jesus spells out the signs of the end of the World in Luke 21:25-26
25"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

After that Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead. For those of us who belong to Christ this is good news because we will be redeemed! When you have a coupon worth a certain amount of money you cannot spend that coupon as currency just anywhere. It can only be redeemed by the person who issued it. In order to redeem your eternal Life coupon issued on the day you accepted Jesus as Lord, you have to present yourself as a living sacrifice, which is your reasonable act of service. On the day that Jesus returns you will be redeemed.

Many people are anxious about that day because of the devastation that comes prior: global warming, earthquakes, pestilence, War, but Jesus tells us that when these things start to happen we should:
1. Look up. Psalm 121
A song of ascents.
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
Where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

2. Lift up your head. Psalm 24:9
Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.Psalm 24:8-10 (in Context) Psalm 24 (Whole Chapter). When you lift up your head in expectation that’s when the King of Glory can come in. Lifting up your head shows that you have nothing to be ashamed about.

3. When these things happen Jesus is about to return and if I belong to him, I will be redeemed.

Dear God, thank you for redeeming me. I’m not going to be anxious like everybody else when “these things” start happening because I know I am redeemed. Whether it’s 2012 or next week I want to be ready when you come. I surrender my life to yours and I’m getting my house in order so I’ll be ready when Jesus comes.

In his Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment