Thursday, November 5, 2009

This Is Not My Life



Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.


One of the saddest songs a person could sing at the end of their lives is the song Elvis & Frank sang, “I did it my way.” When we start our lives each one of us live our lives in a way we think is right. The bibles says that there is a way that seems right to a man and then there is the Lord’s way. When we reach understanding and wisdom we turn our lives over to God. Job 28:28 states, “the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom and to shun evil is understanding.”

The life I live now is not my life; I have been crucified with Christ. The old me is dead and gone. Each of us at some point should have a new song that says, “This is not my Life.”

How do we change our tune or as Jay Z says, experience the “death of the Auto-Tune?” Because of our humanity we are automatically tuned toward sin, but to change the tune there must be divine intervention so that our lives line up with God’s will. That happens when:

1. We are crucified with Christ. When Jesus died on the cross, he took our sins upon himself and they were nailed to the cross. There was an exchange that took place on the cross, a universal exchange. Mankind’s sins were taken away and we were given the opportunity to live our lives as they were meant to be lived...Holy and acceptable to God.

2. Christ must live in you. Galatians 5:16 So I say, live by the Sprit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. When Jesus lives in us then we are able to live out God’s noblest intentions for our lives. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

3. Live by faith. We walk by faith and not by sight. Jesus said, if we have faith the size of a mustard seed nothing would be impossible for us. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Faith is believing that God will do what he said he would do. It is impossible to please God without faith.

Dear God, I surrender my way of doing things to your way of doing things. This is not my life anymore. You saved me from my recklessness now I owe you my life. I owe you me. All I do it is for you.

In Jesus Name,

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment