Thursday, September 16, 2010

How Can I Get In?

Revelation 21:27
Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.


We are developing a new community that will be called, “Eden Square Town Center”. It will be a place of sustainable urban redevelopment. It will be anchored by our charter school, Power Center Academy, with grades K-12, affordable housing, health center, performing arts, wetlands, football/Lacrosse/baseball fields, and niche retail. This will be a wonderful place of community with a diverse people. When one woman heard us talk about it, she got so excited. She said, “ I was thinking about leaving Memphis and moving back to Minnesota, but now I want to stay! How can I get in?

When we described this beloved community this woman wanted to get in. We emphasized that this was a place for all people but we would have rules for our community so we could uphold the standards for a viable community.

When we hear descriptions of heaven it sounds like a ‘beloved community’ where we would all like to get into. God himself will be there along with the Lamb (Jesus). God will wipe away all tears. There will be no need for moon, sun or stars because God’s glory will light up the city. There will be no more sickness, pain or dying. Sounds Great! How do I get in? He who overcomes will inherit this! But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters, and all liars will not be allowed in. There is a disclaimer on the gates that reads, “Nothing impure will ever enter it.” Then the question remains how can I get in?

The only way we can get in is to overcome all the things that keep us out. If you’ve ever tried to overcome these proclivities like everybody else I know, then you’ve probably fallen short. The only way to get in is to be in relationship with Jesus who helps you to overcome and His blood cleanses you of your sins which allows you access. That’s how we get in. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the Life, no man can come to the Father unless he comes through me. That’s how you get in.

Dear God, thank you for granting me access to the Kingdom. Help me to live in a way that doesn’t disqualify me from getting in. I can’t wait to move in the New Jerusalem and to be with you and Jesus. I’m getting my house in order so I’ll be ready when you come.



In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment