Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm Glad God's Slow

Psalm 145:8
The Lord is gracious and compassionate; slow to anger and rich in love.


In this microwave, broadband, 3G world we live in we want everything instantly. We don’t have to same patience and tolerance we use to have. We want what we want when we want it. We want instant gratification over delayed gratification. We don’t want to wait on anything.

I love speed more than anyone. My 3G Ipad and Iphone have me spoiled by being able to get information quickly at the touch of a button. I just have to remember that even though God is a Trinitarian God, he’s not 3G.

God is purposely slow. Now he can move faster than 3G when he wants to but God is intentionally slow. The old folks said, “He may not come when you want him but he’s always on time.” Believe me, you don’t want God to be on time because if God moved every time He should have moved you and I wouldn’t be here today. It is because of his mercies that we are not consumed.

It’s amazing how we want God to move fast when we want something from Him but we want Him to move slow when we deserve discipline. I’m glad God is slow. Even when I want Him to be fast His slowness is giving me time to get myself together so I will not ruin what he’s fixing.

David said, “The Lord is gracious and compassionate. God holds back His judgment when He should have released His fury. The bible says, “He’s slow to anger.” When it comes to getting what I deserve, I’m glad God is dial up and not broadband, because if we got what we deserved we’d be dead already. The only reason we are still here is:

1. God is slow to anger. God wishes that no one would perish but that all would be saved. He’s giving us time to get ourselves together and surrender to his will. God is so patient that he is purposely slow in giving us what our sins deserve. He is gracious and his compassionate.

2. God is rich in Love. God has so much love that it is in overflow. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever would believe in Him would not perish but have everlasting life. God loves us so much that it hurts Him to see us not live up to our potential so He gave Jesus to die in our place so that we could live with Him forever. Jesus went to Calvary to save a wretch like you and me. ..That’s Love!

Dear God, thank you for being slow to anger and rich in your love. Your love for me kept me alive when I deserved to die. There is a reason why I’m still here and I want to thank you for being slow. Your slowness kept me and gave me some time to get myself together. Today, I will not waste this time you’ve given me. I’ve got to get myself together because I’ve got somewhere to go. I want to go to heaven someday. Thank you for giving me more time.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment