Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Need You Right Now!

Psalm 70:5
Yet I am poor and needy come quickly to me, O God. You are my deliverer, O Lord, do not delay.


If we ever needed the Lord before we sure do need him now. We need him every day and every hour.--Take 6

There was a time when we acted as if we didn’t need God. When our pockets were full of money and our tanks full of gas, we acted like we didn’t need God but there is something so sobering when you have nothing but God. When nobody is giving you anything there is a new awareness that maybe I do need God.

Even David knew he needed God. Before David was a great and powerful king he was a poor struggling middle class employee to Saul. When David was in the wilderness of his own recession, he lost his job, his wife, his house and was staying in a cave depressed. But the thing that David knew to do was to call on the Lord. He had the confidence that when I’m down to nothing that God is up to something.

There are four stages you go through when you are down to nothing:

1. Deprivation is when you’ve exhausted all your natural resources and you realize that all my help comes from the Lord . We are like the church in Laodicea that said we are rich and don’t need any help but Jesus’ reply is: 17You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. The sooner we realize we are poor and needy, morally bankrupt and in need of salvation, economically strapped and in need of a stimulus the better we will be.

2. Deprivation leads to desperation. I need you Lord! Come see me quickly. There is an urgency when you realize that I can’t do this by myself. All your pride is gone and you begin to cry out to God to return to you quickly. You run out of excuses as to why you don’t go to church. You forget about being angry with God and you cry out, “Lord I need you now!”

3. Desperation leads to deliverance. God is able to get us out of things we can’t get ourselves out of. The Psalmist said I will look to the hills from whence cometh my help? My help comes from the Lord. God is the only one that can deliver us from our hopeless situations.

4. Delay does not mean denial. God’s timing is not our time. He can and he will deliver on time. When you call on him get your bags ready because he will deliver.

Dear God, we need you to work on our behalf. These are scary times and we are not certain how we are going to make it, but our eyes are on you. I pray that you will provide for the poor and needy. Give them food, shelter, and clothing. Give us all the comfort of knowing that you hear us and that you will deliver on time, because you are an on time God!

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment