Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Turn Around

Lamentations 1:21
People have heard my groaning, but there is no one to comfort me. All my enemies have heard of my distress; they rejoice at what you have done. May you bring the day you have announced so they may become like me.


You should always be careful laughing at the distress of other people especially when they belong to God. Whenever God’s people go through adversity it is either Judgment or God strengthening them through their trials. Either way, after that period of time is over the people who were gloating over your hardship will have to switch places with what you’ve been going through.

All through the Bible, God’s people have the last laugh. God doesn’t chastise us forever and he always has the last say so. Those whom God loves he also chastises but he also chastises those who make fun of his chosen while he chastises them. When I was little if you wanted to get in trouble real fast, just start laughing while your brother/sister was getting a whooping. You parent wouldn’t appreciate you laughing at your brother/sister because a real parent would already be grieving that they had to discipline their son/daughter anyway. So if you got caught laughing at somebody else’s punishment you might expect to get the same thing they got.

You never know how God is dealing with someone but one thing is for sure there will be a turn around. The prophet Jeremiah was lamenting how the enemies of Israel were making fun of Israel’s distress. People were begging for bread, children were dying in the streets, homes reposed and the people in despair, but a day would come when God would turn around the misfortunes of his people.

When God judges his people it’s always with the hopes of redemption. He’s giving us time to get ourselves together. Our trials are the furnace for the purging of our impurities. If we endure we shall come forth as pure gold.

God will flip the script on the people who were celebrating our hardship. The people who had the nerve to laugh at you today will have to switch places with you tomorrow. Don’t waste energy on people who lie on you and make fun of you. Instead learn your lesson, repent of your sins, and get ready for the Turn around!

Dear God, I’m looking forward to the turn around. Everyone who celebrated my struggle will have to witness my success. I humbly submit to your corrective process because I know you’re doing it for my good. I already feel better knowing you will have the last say so and I will get the last laugh because I know your Word says, “The first shall be last and the last shall be first.” I’m waiting for the Turn Around!

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment