Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Are You Ready for an Early Spring?

Leviticus 26:3-4
If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit.

The groundhog did not see his shadow so we are scheduled to see our early spring. Every year people look with great anticipation to see if the groundhog will see his shadow or not, especially since we’ve been through such a hard winter. People are looking forward to the landscape being green again, the leaves returning, the flowers blooming, and the seeds of a new harvest being planted.

God promises that whenever our season comes he will send the rain not because of a groundhog but because of our obedience. He will supply all our needs according to his riches and glory. We shouldn’t be worried about the seasons as much as we should be focused on our obedience to follow god’s decrees and obeying his commands.

When God sees the shadow of our obedience reflected by the light of his son Jesus he then makes a shift in the season of our lives. He will cancel a winter recession and rain down blessings in a springtime recovery.

The opposite is also true. We can extend our winter by being disobedient. There are some lessons we should have learned by now so we don’t have to repeat a season.

If we want to receive the benefits of an early spring we have to:

1. Keep his commandments. Jesus said, “If you love me then keep my commandments.”
2. Stay in paths of righteousness. David said, “The Lord is my shepherd he guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.”
3. Avoid all appearances of evil.
4. Be doers of the word not just hearers. We have heard enough words and sermons to last us a lifetime, now it’s time to start living them out.
5. Make sure you sow in the right season and the right field. God gives bread to the eater and seed to the sower. You got to know when to eat and when to sow. Don’t eat your seed; eat your harvest.

Dear God,
Keep me in this in between season. I am eagerly waiting for my springtime so that I can experience the fruitfulness of an obedient life. My winter of discontent is about to break because I’m determined to live for Jesus because I’m determined to live for Jesus. I must decrease so that you may increase. I’m ready for an early spring!

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment