Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Don't Do It Without Me!

Exodus 33:15
Then Moses said to him, “If your presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.”


Bishop Paul Morton has a song that says, “Lord whatever you’re doing in this season please don’t do it without me.” What a powerful plea. God’s definitely up to something. He is getting his harvest ready. He’s gathering his people together and make preparation for Jesus’ return. He’s shifting some things around and I want to be in that number. There are some great things God has in store for us this year but we are in danger of missing his move if we aren't sensitive to what he is doing. We don’t want God to do it without us and we surely don’t want to do it without him.

God was about to shift the Children of Israel from the wilderness to the Promised Land but God told them, “Go up to the land flowing with Milk and Honey. But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff necked people and I might destroy you on the way.” (Exodus 33:3) Sometimes a promotion can be a demotion if God doesn’t go with you. I don’t ever want to go up if God doesn’t go with me. The people were grief stricken with this news and Moses went in to God to seek his favor because he realized he couldn’t do it without God.

Moses said, “If your presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.”

If you don’t want God to do it without you, here’s what you need to do:

1. Be still until you know His will. Make sure God is going with you before you take a step.

2. Get in God’s presence through worship and ask him to go with you. God told Moses in Exodus 33:17 I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.

3. Ask God to teach you his ways and show you his Glory. Moses wanted to know God more intimately. He spent 40 days and 40 nights with God without food and water. When he came down his face was glowing. God had transferred his Glory to Moses so the people would know that God was with them.

Dear God,
Whatever you are doing in this season please don’t do it without me. Show me your Glory and teach me your ways so I can lead your people into the Promised Land. We are ready to follow you forward.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment