Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Night Vision!

Acts 16:9
During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, “come over to Macedonia and help us.”


Can’t sleep at night, something just ain't right, maybe God is trying to tell you something. –Shug Avery’s song she sang as she left the night club going back to her daddy’s church.

God has a way of speaking to us even if he has to do it at night. Sometimes, it is when we are still and free from the distractions of the day that God can finally get a word in or a vision communicated. The Prophet Joel said that in latter days young men would see visions and old men dream dreams. In these dark days, God is showing us Night Visions. Sometimes, we can be so busy thinking we are living out God’s plan, when in fact, we are heading in the wrong direction. God offers corrections to our course by communicating through night visions.

The Apostle Paul wanted to travel to Bythnia but while he was sleeping God showed him a night vision of a man standing up in Macedonia begging him to come there. What is it that is begging your attention? There is something that God has put on your Sprit that is different from what you are doing right now. This could be your Macedonian call.

Oftentimes, God will put people in my heart by showing me their face in a dream or their name in my spirit and when I get that feeling I try to follow up with a call to see how they are doing. Sometimes, there is a cause that God could be calling you to. You know what it is because you can’t shake it. It begs for your attention: Helping the poor in Haiti, Adopting a child, democracy in Egypt, ending homelessness in America, ending world hunger, supplying clean drinking water, a cure for cancer, stopping the HIV/AIDS epidemic, eradicating teen pregnancy.

What is it that God is giving you a night vision for? Paul changed his course to follow his vision. Once God gives you a night vision you have to change your course fulfill what he’s calling you to do. I met a wonderful brother from New York, Scott Harrison, who was a former night club promoter. He woke up one night and realized he was living his life keeping people high but not helping people live. He got on a ship and devoted his life to giving people clean drinking water in poor countries. Check out his testimony here: http://www.charitywater.org/about/scotts_story.php

Dear God,

Help me to be sensitive to your call. Give me a vision in this night time of our existence that will meet the needs of people I may not even know about yet. There is something that begs my attention and I want to be obedient to the vision that you give me. Whatever you want me to do, wherever you want me to go, whatever you want me to say, I’ll do it Lord. Send me and I’ll go. Only show me the way. Whatever you are doing in this season Lord, don’t do it without me!

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment