Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Power of One Man

The Power of One Man

Romans 5:19

For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

There’s been a lot of discussion over the POTUS’ statement about same sex marriage, him being a world leader I can certainly understand why so much weight has been given to his opinion. His influence is worldwide. A lot hinges on the words of the President but all of the power of that one man does not match the Power of one man, namely Jesus Christ the Son of man.

As Powerful as his words are, President Obama can’t destroy me or save me. Jesus is the only one through his death on the cross that saved man. Adam was the one man through his one act of disobedience that condemned many in the human race but Jesus saved the lives of many by justifying our sins through his sacrificial death. Through one-man came condemnation and through another salvation. What the law was ineffective in doing, Jesus did through one act of Love. While we were yet sinners, Jesus died for us. President Obama’s statement on Same Sex marriage caused a great discussion and forced the church to talk about how it would treat its Gay and Lesbian neighbors. Jesus died so that we could Love God and our neighbors. Who is my neighbor? According to Jesus people who are not Religious, people you may never associate with, these people are your neighbors. Read Luke 10:30-37 and replace Samaritan with Gay. Replace the wounded man with ‘wounded Christian’ and you will see the implications of Jesus’ story. The same way you feel about replacing those words is how religious people felt about Jesus including Samaritan’s in the salvation picture.

He who has been forgiven much loves much. Today, you have the power of one to bring life or death, love or hate, judgment or mercy. Walk in the Power of the one who died for you.

Dear God,
Use me today to love my neighbor as I love myself. Help me to want the same things for my neighbor that I am entitled to. Thank you for dying for me that I might be set free. Teach us how to love people who are different from us but still a part of the human race. We have the Power of One.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment