Thursday, September 6, 2012

Can God Count on You?

Can God Count on You?

Revelation 11:1
I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “God and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count the worshipers there.”

There was a great disagreement on the floor of the DNC (Democratic National Convention) last night over the inclusion of the language of “God and Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.” When they tried to count the verbal vote it was hard to distinguish between the “yes’” and the “no’s,” but the measure still passed. It’s hard to tell why they were divided on the inclusion of the language but it is telling of the time we live in. There is uncertainty in the significance of modern Israel and the placement of God in our platform.

I’m not as alarmed at the divisiveness of the DNC (Democratic National Convention) of its inclusion of God anymore as I am at the RNC (Republican National Convention) using God language but ignoring the inclusion of the poor. God wants to know if he can count on you. In Revelation 11:1 God gave John a measuring rod to measure the temple, the altar and to count the worshipers there. He didn’t count their verbal rhetoric but monitored and measured their actions. He wanted to know how many worshipers were there, not delegates, not people saying one thing and doing another. You see it doesn’t matter if you are at the DNC or if you are attending the RNC, you must worship God in Sprit and in Truth.

You can use his name all you want but just because you use it on your platform doesn’t mean you will be included in that number that no man can number. Jesus was aware that everybody that put his name on their platform were really not true worshippers, just name droppers.

Matthew 7: 21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 15: 8 “ ‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

God is counting Worshipers not lip servers. Who are Worshipers?
  1. Those who are submitting themselves to the Lordship of God. Worshipers are those who do the will of the Heavenly father.
  2. Those who are reconciling with their brothers and sisters. Matthew 5: 23 “Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.
  3. Those who are looking out for the least of these. Matthew 25: 40 “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Jesus is not concerned with your political party affiliation or even if you put his name on the platform but he is concerned about true worshipers. There will come a day when it doesn’t matter if you are republican or democrat but what will matter the most is if you are a true worshiper of God.

Dear God,

Count me in! I am yielding myself completely to your will for my life. Use my life to give you Glory. Use my life as a pleasing sacrifice upon the altar of service. Let the world be your sanctuary and use me as your servant.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment