Monday, September 10, 2012

I'm Alive Because of This!

I’m Alive Because of This!

Lamentations 3:22-23

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail; they are new every morning, great is your faithfulness.

There is something we all can give credit to as to our well-being. Some people can boast about the work out regimen and how staying fit is adding on to their quality of life. Some can boast about their eating habits and how a more balanced diet of fruits and vegetables along with protein and water consumption has done their body good. Some people can give credence to their newfound spirituality that has grounded them into a higher consciousness

All of these are good directives toward a healthier life but when I look over my life one thing overshadows them all and that is this, if it had not been for the Lord on my side I would have been overwhelmed and consumed by the worries of this world.

The republican’s keep asking the American people, ‘have your lives been made better the last four years?” I’d have to ask, ‘in what way?; Economically?! No! It’s gotten worse but somehow I survived the worst economic downturn since the great depression. Psychologically?! No there were times when my soul was downcast but then I lifted my head toward the hills from whence all of my help comes from and my soul was strengthened when I reminded myself of who I was in God. Spiritually?! Yes! There were some times when my faith wavered but it also got stronger through my ups and my downs. These last four years could have been worse if not for courageous leadership and our faith in God.

It wasn’t the cooperation between the republicans and the democrats that got us through the last four years but it was because of God’s compassion that we were not consumed.

God will not let trouble last too long. There was some perfecting God had to do and the thing that kept us was every morning was that God’s mercies were new. This corporate correction that came to our nation because of our capitalistic greed has tested the faith of everyone in this nation. How we survived it depends upon how we responded to it. My response was that I turned my face to God and cried out to him. As a result, God’s mercy kept me from being consumed. His mercies were new every morning.

I asked my sons 17 and 13 years old, what was the difference between Grace and Mercy? They said, “Grace is when God gives us what we don’t deserve and Mercy is when God holds back on what we do deserve.” The only reason I’m still alive is because his mercy, his loving kindness is new every morning.

What’s going to keep us the next four years is learning the lessons from the past, going forward and seeking God with everything we’ve got! If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways, then God will heal their land.

Dear God,

Thank you for keeping me. Help me to seek first your Kingdom and your righteousness and every thing else will fall into place. I love you Lord and I’m excited about where you are taking us.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment