Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It's Time for an Upgrade

Ephesians 4:22-23
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires, to be made new in the attitude of your minds.

When I got up this morning my computer was flashing reminding me that an update was available for my computer. Some of my programs were not working efficiently so the programmer made some changes in the software that needed to be applied to my hardware. If I do not keep up with my upgrades then my device whether it’s my desktop, iPad, or iPhone will not work at optimal level.
You and I are supposed to be working at a higher level but we are behind on our upgrades. As a matter of fact some of your old files have become corrupt, and even though we are receiving new information we can’t use it because we have old files. It’s time for an upgrade.

Our old files represent our former way of life. There is a way we used to live before we were saved that doesn’t sync well with who we are now. It’s time for some of us to pay attention to the little icon jumping in the mainframe of our spirit reminding us that it’s time for an upgrade. Here’s what you need to do.
  1. Some files need to be deleted. When I try to upgrade my wife’s phone for her she often doesn’t have enough memory because other programs that she is no longer using are taking up too much memory. We have to go through her phone to discover which apps are no longer necessary because they are just taking up too much memory. What are some things that you need to delete from your memory because now they are just taking up space?
  2. Run a Virus Scan to see what files are corrupted. Sometimes, we are operating without realizing we have some corrupt files. The Apostle Paul says our old selves are being corrupted by its deceitful desires. We have some viruses that have been picked up from sites we’ve visited or bad messages we have received from other people. Those viruses are hiding out in our system undetected, slowing down our performance. That’s why David said to God, “Search me and see if you find anything in me that is not like you.”
  3. Refresh our attitude. Sometimes, when your computer has lain dormant for too long, it needs to be refreshed. Every day you should refresh your mind by shutting down and allowing God to speak to your mind, heart, and soul. Through daily meditations, which include prayer and reading you will refresh your spirit.
  4. Restart your computer. You have to restart so that all the new you have upgraded can be applied to your heart and mind. If you have been idle in some area of your life it’s not too late to start over.
Dear God,

Upgrade me today so that my mind can operate at a higher level in cooperation with your Holy Spirit. Let your Spirit guide me into wholeness today. Thank you for my Upgrade!

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment