Monday, April 13, 2009

Who Has Your Heart?



I Samuel 14:7
So his Armor bearer said to him, “Do all that is in your heart. Go then, here I am with you according to your heart.

Who do you have in your life that you know will ride and die with you? Who is it that you can depend on in thick and thin? Everybody ought to have someone in their life they can depend upon for tough situations at least one person who has your heart. The one person I know for sure that has my heart is my wife. God has blessed me with a partner who loves me unconditionally and will follow me into battle without second guessing because she has my heart. Whether you are in a marriage, on a team, or running a business you better have somebody beside you who has your heart.

Jonathan had his armor bearer. The armor bearer did just that, He carried the armor of the King or the King's son until it was time for battle. The Armor Bearer was right beside their captain every step of the way. Often times if the King died, they died right beside them. There was no halfway commitment.

On one occasion Jonathan decided that it was time to take a risk. His Father's army was dissipating; they had dwindled down to 600 tired and disheartened men. Jonathan told his armor bearer, “Let’s go over to the Garrison of these uncircumcised; it may be that the Lord will work for us. For nothing restrains the Lord from saving by many or by few.”

Just in case you don’t know what a Garrison is, that’s about 500 men vs. 2 men. Without flinching his armor bearer says, whatever is in your heart I’m with you.” He had his heart. What does it mean that someone has your heart?

1. They know you. Whatever they do on your behalf they don’t need much instruction or input because they have walked with you for so long that they know how you would think and they know what you would do. They are in relationship with you and will represent the best of your intentions.

2. They Trust you. You have consistently done what is beneficial for them so there is no reason for them that you would lead them into a dangerous place without being led by God. They don’t doubt you, but they touch and agree according to your faith.

3. They Love you. This doesn’t mean that they don’t get angry or disagree with you. It means they love you with that Agape love from God. They love the best of you and the worst of you, but see the best in you. It’s a I Corinthians 13 type of Love.

4. They are Loyal to you. They are not political. They aren’t on your side when it benefits them and on someone else’s side when it works in their favor. They don’t switch sides for any reason.

5. They support you. Carrying Armor is burdensome and tiring. They help you carry your armor so you won’t be too tired to fight when it’s time to fight. This means they have to be in shape because they will have to fight with you after helping you carry your stuff. This is a special person.

6. They would die for you and with you. They are not going to let anybody that is detrimental to your well being near you without you knowing about it.

7. They will fight with you not against you. They trust your leadership and love you too much to fight against you. You should never have to fight with an armor bearer. They are there to help you fight against the enemy.

God gave Jonathan the victory because of his faith and his armor bearer because of his heart. If you are going to win at life you better make sure the person closest to you really has your heart.

Dear God, thank you for sending me a true armor bearer. I am blessed to have a whole host of armor bearers. Give me good discernment to know who to keep close and who to let go. Show me how to be what I desire the most. Help me to be an Armor bearer so that I will know one when I see one because I have been one.

In Jesus Name.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment