Tuesday, June 30, 2009

For This Reason I Left You



Titus 1:5

For this reason I left you in Crete, that you should set in order the things that are lacking and appoint elders in every city as I commanded you.

Have you ever wondered why you are still in Crete? Crete is a place where you thought you were just passing through but you are still there. Crete is not only training ground for you but also for the people around you but you wonder why you are still there. Crete is going to make you better when you learn how to make other people better. Many times we fall into self-pity because of our current assignment but we ought to rejoice that God would select us for such an important mission. If we are in a tough place it must mean that God trusts me with trouble because he said, “He would not put more on me than I could bear.”

Paul left Titus in Crete to do two things: organize the people and appoint a leader. The new converts in Crete had experienced the Power of God. Now they needed strong leadership to preserve what God had done.

God puts us in Crete to be a witness and make disciples. For this reason, you were left in Crete. For this reason, you haven’t been promoted yet. For this reason, you were left unmarried. For this reason, you were left in this city. God has more for you to do before you move to the next place.

John Maxwell says that there are six things that Paul left for Titus to do in this difficult city called Crete. Titus job remains the job of Leaders Today:

1. Choose the men/women
How creative am I at finding new people to invest in?

2. Cultivate the models.
How am I doing at turning my people into examples?

3. Create the ministries.
How am I at creating ministry opportunities for these leaders?

4. Construct the management.
How am I at maintaining them along the way?

5. Communicate the mindset.
How am I at constantly keeping the vision alive?

6. Celebrate the mentoring.
How do I encourage and celebrate the growth?

Dear God, thank you for trusting me with my assignment. I’ve got a lot to do in Crete before I move on. Give me the wisdom, anointing, creativity, and power to do what you called me to do. I am ready to make Crete better so I can be better. I’m no longer feeling sorry for myself because I realize why I was left in Crete.

In Jesus Name.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment