Tuesday, June 23, 2009

God Has You Hidden



2 Chronicles 22:12

And he was hidden with them in the house of God for six years, while Athaliah reigned over the land.

Sometimes it is in your best interest that you not be in the spotlight. With the anointing that God has on your life, it is better that he keeps you hidden in obscurity for this season. There is something great God wants to accomplish in your life but in order to fulfill it he has to take you away from the people who would mean you harm. Many times when we think of the people who would do us harm, we think of outsiders or “haters” but sometimes the people who should have been taking care of you are the same people who want to take you out!

When Athalia heard that her son King Ahaziah was dead she didn’t want to relinquish her power so she went and murdered all her grandsons who were heirs to the throne just so she could be Queen. She murdered all her grandsons accept one named Joash. Joash, who escaped her murderous rampage only when a godly young woman named Jehoshobeath hid him in the house of God for six years. I know this young man had to be traumatized to be whisked away from his family, hidden in the house of God. Can you imagine how lonely he must have been, so young only to be in isolation from his peers for six years? Many of us are in a season where we are hidden whether we are under the covers of books in institutions of higher learning away from family and friends, or in some strange city carving out a new path for our career. Or, maybe you are single held up in the house of God not understanding why you can't connect with someone in Holy Matrimony. It is because you are hidden.

There is a season where God will hide you for your own good. Sometimes he will hide you from your own relatives because they can’t handle where God is taking you, instead of nurturing you, they want to murder you. Don’t let anyone kill you or your dream. God says I got to hide you!

When God has a plan for your life he will:

1. Send someone to help hide you. Jehoshobeath hid the young man. God will send you a mentor, somebody that recognizes greatness in you and will begin to nurture you through the dysfunction in your family and/or your organization. Be on the look out for Jehoshobeath, she/he has been sent to help hide you during this season.

2. God will hide you in his house. It is important for you to find you a house of covering. You need a church home. You should go there consistently every week to get inspiration and instruction for your life. When Mary was looking for Jesus during his hidden years, she found him in the house of the Lord listening to the priests. He told his mother, “Did you not know that I had to be in my Father’s house?”

3. Learn from his prophets. Joash became a righteous king because he was tutored by the prophets. When you find a church home make sure you get in a small group or bible study so you can receive instruction on how to be righteous. Seek first God’s kingdom and his Righteousness and all these things will be added to you.

4. God will protect you by his people. When you are out of God’s house, you are more exposed to predators. When you are in the house, you are apt to be protected. There are more witnesses in the house of God than there are predators. God’s people who have discernment will protect you. The Priests had swords and shields to protect Joash in the house of God. If there were no predators in church why did they need swords? Even in church God will protect you from Predators.

5. Anointed by the priests. When it came time for him to be king, the priests anointed him. You must be anointed by God’s anointed. Don’t expect to be anointed hanging with people who are ungodly or even religious. You need to be around people who are in relationship with the true and living God.

6. God will put you in power in his own time. After Six years, God put Joash in charge as king. When it was time. God is not going to release you until you are ready to come out of hiding.

7. God will let you lead his people. You who should have died. God will raise up in time. The first shall be last and the last shall be first.

Dear God, thank you for hiding me. When the enemy wanted me dead you covered me. Thank you for raising me up when my brothers died in the streets and my sisters were taken away, you had a plan for my life and I just want to say, thank you. May I be the leader you can trust and use to influence your people in righteousness.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

11 comments:

  1. This is what the holy spirit spoke to me that the lord have me in hiding because I was asking God why nothing was working for me even thou I been praying and praying. I said God you said that you reign on the just and unjust alike. I felt that god had left me and not answering any of my prayers. Been struggling with finances for a long time barely making ends meet. I gave up on god and said why am I praying. God don't hear me and he have left me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I pray you're still in the number. Blessings to you B.B.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for delivering this word, perfect timing and confirmation for what god has already revealed to me. I pray that gods word reach those who are experiencing the season of being hidden in christ. in jesus mighty name. amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I APPRECIATE THIS MESSAGE, HOWEVER I DO NOT TOTALLY AGREE WITH IT ALL, BECAUSE WE DON'T AS MATURE SAINTS HAVE TO BE IN HIDING IN A CHURCH BUILDING, WE ARE THR CHURCH
    ISAIAH 8:12-14
    HEBREWS 10:20

    ReplyDelete
  4. I APPRECIATE THIS MESSAGE, HOWEVER I DO NOT TOTALLY AGREE WITH IT ALL, BECAUSE WE DON'T AS MATURE SAINTS HAVE TO BE IN HIDING IN A CHURCH BUILDING, WE ARE THR CHURCH
    ISAIAH 8:12-14
    HEBREWS 10:20

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you and May God Richly Bless You
    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. These 7 tips are confirmation!! Glory!

    ReplyDelete