Monday, August 17, 2009

I Just Want To Tell The Truth Man!



Jeremiah 23:17
They continually say to those who despise me, The Lord has said, “You shall have peace.” And to everyone who walks according to the dictates of his own heart they say, No evil shall come upon you.”

It’s getting harder and harder for people to hear the truth. People want to hear a message that conforms to their lifestyle and they want to believe there are no consequences to their actions. Without God’s word the word would sink into chaos and anarchy. As prophets, priests, and saints we have a divine mandate to tell the truth. Where the scriptures speak we must speak, where the scriptures are silent we must be silent. Too many false prophets are speaking what people want to hear. When people are living against God’s will and prophets tell them they will live in Peace they are not telling the truth. When people walk after the evil desires of their hearts and prophets tell them there is no consequence that prophet is false.

Oftentimes, prophets lose their voice because they are looking for a profit. You have to be sold out to God so you will not lose your prophetic voice to the highest bidder. God wishes that no one would perish but that all would be saved but we must be willing to turn from our evil ways through repentance and walk according to God’s holy will as exemplified through the teaching of Jesus Christ. Jesus said, “If you love me keep my commandments...You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free.

I just want to tell the truth man!
If you are going to tell the truth you must do as God told Jeremiah in chapter 23:22

1. But if they had stood in my counsel ...You can’t give the people what you have not gotten yourself. Everyday we wake up we have to make sure you spend time in the word of God and praying before we open our mouths. Gifts alone are not going to enable us to speak what comes from the mouth of God. The less time we spend with God the more we begin to regurgitate our own thoughts. In the Movie Malcolm X, Elijah Muhammad shows young Malcolm a glass of water and a glass of water diluted with ink...”If you give this clean water to the people they will drink it…..if you give this dirty water to the people they will drink it. It’s your responsibility to make sure they have clean water.”

2. And had caused my people to hear my words...how can they hear without a preacher, how can they preach unless they have been called. We must make sure we preach, teach, and share God’s word every time we get the opportunity. One man once told a preacher, “If I wanted to hear someone’s opinion I would read the newspaper but I come to church to hear the word of God.”

3. They would have turned them from their evil way and from the evil of their doings. When the word of God goes forward there is a conviction by the Holy Spirit which causes people to turn from their evil ways. Godly sorrow leads to repentance. A True prophet is bringing people out of evil not leading them into it.

Dear God, give me a pure voice and pure motives. Help me to speak only what I hear from you. Help me to teach transgressors your way after my heart has been purged and cleansed I am the clay you are the potter, take me, make me, mold me, shape me, use me, and fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can be used by you. I just want to tell the truth.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment