Thursday, August 6, 2009

Only He Can Set You Free



John 8:36
Therefore if the Son makes you free you shall be free indeed.

Yesterday two Journalists Euna Lee, 36, and Laura Ling, 32, were flanked by the former US President Bill Clinton, whose meeting with the reclusive Jong-Il had secured their liberty during a surprise 20-hour visit to Pyongyang, as they gave their first account of their escape from a 12-year sentence of hard labor.
"Thirty hours ago, Euna Lee and I were prisoners in North Korea," said Miss Ling, struggling to remain composed. "We feared that at any moment we could be prisoners in a hard labor camp. Then suddenly we were told that we were going to a meeting.
"We were taken to a location and when we walked through the doors, we saw standing before us President Bill Clinton. We were shocked, but we knew instantly in our hearts that the nightmare of our lives was over."

Can you imagine the Joy of being a prisoner for 140 days thinking you were going to be there for 12 years doing hard labor only to come out of your cell to see your former President come all the way to get you to set you free?

They are not the only ones that need to be set free. Many of us have been enslaved, thrown behind bars we never should have been behind. The only difference is we put ourselves there.

Jesus told the Jews if you knew the truth then the truth would set you free. The Jewish people then were in denial and said, “We are children of Abraham, we have never been slaves.” Jesus said, “Most assuredly, I say to you whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. There is a difference between a slave and a son. Jesus is the Son of God and oftentimes we are slaves to sin. A slave can serve in the house but he has to leave the house after he’s finished working but the Son lives in the house somebody from the White House had to come and set the journalists free. Somebody from God’s House had to come to set the slaves free. The devil has us hostage but there is only one person who can set us free. Only one person the devil respects and his name is Jesus!

Through his death on the cross Jesus made a trip to Hell to set the captives free. There were many there including you and me who were glad to see Jesus standing in the room. He didn’t bring us back on a private jet or Air Force One but he brought us back on the 3rd day when he was raised from the dead.

If you have found yourself in the prison of sin facing hard labor this is how you get free:

1. You have to know the truth and the truth will set you free. When you know God through the revelation of Jesus his Son than the truth of that will set you free. Many people don’t want to accept the fact that Jesus is the savior of the world and remain captive but when you know the truth it will set you free.

2. Accept Jesus as your personal savior. It’s not enough to believe it you have to receive him. Jesus said, “Come unto me all you that labor and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you for my burdens are easy and my yoke is light.”

3. Whatever is keeping you captive ask Jesus to set you free and he will show up on your behalf. Jesus said, “behold I stand at the door and knock if any man or woman would open the door I would come in.”

Dear God, thank you for sending Jesus to set me free! If it had not been for the Lord who was on my side, I’d still be rotting in my fail cell of sin but ever since Jesus came into my life what a wonderful change has come over me. I’ve been set free and I ain’t going back! Father, please go back and set all the captives free, my friends, my relatives, even some of my enemies. When they are ready to accept the truth of who you are and believe that Jesus is Lord please set them free. Because whom the Son sets free they are free indeed!

In Jesus Name!

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment