Friday, August 7, 2009

You See What I'm Saying?

John 9:27

And Jesus said to him, “you have both seen him and it is he who is talking with you.”

One of the most used sayings in conversations amongst the Ebonic speaking community is the phrase, “You see what I’m saying?” it is used whenever a person is trying to make a cognitive connection with an audible explanation. It’s not enough to hear what a person is saying but you have to see it in your mind.

Jesus came to show people He was the Son of God but they couldn’t see what He was saying. The bibles says that Jesus came to his own and his own received him not. Jesus said in verse 39 of John 9, “For Judgment I have come into the world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be blind.”

You See what I’m saying?

Jesus was talking to a man that had been born blind. Yet as he was passing by he spat in some mud, anointed the man’s eyes and told him to wash in the pool of Siloam. The blind man did what Jesus said and came up seeing. The Religious leaders heard what happened but they couldn’t celebrate with the man because they were more concerned that Jesus broke a religious code by healing on the Sabbath. You were not supposed to work on the Sabbath. They interrogated the man born blind and his parents, Trying to incriminate Jesus as a Sinner because of his unconventional way of helping the man to see. They demanded him to call Jesus a sinner. In verse 25 the man said, “Whether he is a sinner or not I do not know. One thing I know is that though I was blind now I can see.”

You see what I’m saying?

What difference does it make about methodology (spitting in the mud and putting it on his eyes) or Theology (healing on the Sabbath) if the man can see?!

The blind man said, “Since the world began it has been unheard of that anyone opened the eyes of one who was born blind. If this man were not from God, He could do nothing.”

The Religious people were offended that this man “born in sin” was dare trying to enlighten them on who Jesus was so they kicked him out. Jesus found him and started talking to him. Now mind you he didn’t know it was Jesus because he was blind when he talked to him the first time and he was gone after he came up seeing. Jesus said do you believe in the Son of God?” The man who was born blind asked Jesus who is the Son of God that I may believe in him?” Jesus said, “you have both seen him and it is he who is talking with you.”

Then he said, “Lord I believe!”

You see what I’m saying?!

Don’t let anybody turn you away from the one who gave you insight. The proof is in your sight. When God gives you the ability to hear him he will also give you the ability to see him. It is my prayer that whenever I preach that I say, “Lord hide me behind Calvary’s cross that when I preach People can get a glimpse of Jesus.” You see what I’m saying?!

Dear God, the proof in who you are is in what you allowed me to see. Don’t let religious hypocrites make me doubt you over inconsequential arguments about methodology or theology. I once was blind but now I see, Amazing Grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me….I see what you saying. Thank you.

In Jesus Name!
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment