Thursday, August 19, 2010

Are You Fishing on the Right Side?

John 21:6
He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.


It can be frustrating when we've been working hard and don't have anything to show for it, you often hear people ask, "Are you working hard?" Your reply should be, "No, I'm working smart, not hard." When you are not operating in the will of God, when your lifestyle is out of sync with God's holiness you will find yourself working hard with nothing to show for your effort, but when you are living right God will bless you with overflow.

Peter and four other disciples decided to go back to their fishing jobs after Jesus had been executed on the cross. When Jesus is dead to you it's easy to go back to what you use to do and think that will sustain you, but if he called you from it you can't be productive going back to it.

They fished all night then the next morning Jesus showed up. They didn't recognize him but he recognized them. He asked them if they caught anything. They said, "No, we've been fishing all night." He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." They did just what he said and they caught so many fish they were unable to pull them in. Right away they recognized it was Jesus back from the dead and Peter jumped in the water with his clothes on to swim to Jesus.

What a wonderful feeling to have Jesus back in your life and to fish on the right side of the boat. When you fish on the right side of the boat that's when overflow comes in your life.

Are you fishing on the right side of the boat?

1. God will not bless illegal activity. Proverbs 1:19Such is the end of all who go after ill-gotten gain; it takes away the lives of those who get it.

2. There's no right way to do the wrong thing. Proverbs 16:2All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the LORD.

3. Are you doing what Jesus told you to do? John 10:27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Dear God, help me to fish on the right side of the boat. I don't want to waste another day doing it my way, give me increase as I do what you tell me to do. I'm fishing on the right side of the boat today. Thank you for showing back up when I didn't have anything to show for my life. When you showed up my life had new meaning. Thank you for helping me to get back on the right side.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment