Tuesday, August 24, 2010

God Hears You!

1 John 5:14-15 (New International Version)
14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.


There are times in our lives when we are not sure if anybody is listening to us. We feel like we don't have a voice and we are stranded on an island of indifference. We cry out to what appears a bronze sky with no entry into heavens corridors hoping our cries alert someone or something to aid us in our situation. The most primitive cry that we let out in times of trouble is, "somebody please help me!" We just want somebody to come to our rescue. While at the same time we are losing consciousness of our spiritual confidence that God is listening.

It was this cry that God heard in Egypt when his children were oppressed and he sent Moses to tell Pharaoh let my people go. God still hears his oppressed and "recessed" children crying out. He's just been waiting for us to call his name again. Through Jesus Christ we have confidence that whatever we ask of him, if it is his will, God hears us!

The reason we have this confidence is because Jesus told us, "if you abide in me and I abide in you ask whatever you will and I will do it for you!"

1. We have confidence because of our relationship with Jesus. Jesus said if you ask in my name, I will go to the Father on your behalf. Jesus is our mediator and God hears us because of our relationship to him.

2. We have confidence because we are doing God's will. When you are doing what God told you to do you just know that God is going to show up on your behalf. God will finish what he started in you. As long as it's his will it's his bill.

3. We have confidence because he hears us and we know we have what we have asked for. When we ask God for anything and we know that it's in his will then get ready to receive it because you already have it. You should walk into the job interview with confidence if you already prayed about it and you know God wants you to have it. Go to sleep if you prayed about it because you are getting ready to get it if you are confident that God wants you to have it.

Walk in confidence today knowing that God hears you and you are in his will and you have what you asked for. God hears you!

Dear God, thank you for hearing my cry and answering by and by. Lord today manifest what I have asked of you that my enemies still know you hear me. God you are my strength and my redeemer. It is you who lifted me out of the deepest pits and set my feet upon the high places. The same way you showed up in my Egypt is the same way you are going to show up today. Thank you for hearing my cry. I know you still hear me.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment