Thursday, December 15, 2011

I've Got to Pass This Test!

James 1:2-3

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

So many students are taking tests this week for final exams and mid-terms. Before they can advance to the next level they must pass the test covering the material they’ve been going over. The teacher wants to know if they have retained the information that has been given.

There are not too many people who are excited about tests but Paul says, “Consider it pure Joy whenever you face trials of many kinds.” Why in the world would I be Joyful when I’m going through trials and tests? Because it’s not the test, its what happens after I pass my test that I’m Joyful?

Not only that but when I’ve studied to show myself approved and the word is in me then I have a confidence that supersedes my anxiety of the test. Plus, its an open book test! God’s word is what gets me through my test.

When we go through our tests it develops something inside of us. When we go through hard times something is taking place that is making us better. The Holy Spirit is bringing back to remembrance everything you’ve been taught and your ability to persevere begins to grow. Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint. It means to persist in anything undertaken, maintain a purpose in spite of a difficulty, obstacle, or discouragement.

Once we pass this test the next level is spiritual maturity and having no lack. It’s time to pass this test!

Dear God,
Help me to pass my test today so that I can go to the next level in my living. Help me to maintain my purpose in spite of what I might encounter today. Grant us wisdom to not only pass but to be at the top of our class.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment