Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Keep Me From Falling

Jude 1:24

To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and great joy.


So many great men and women of God, pastors, and leaders, have fallen in recent years. There’s no need to call their names because the media has already done a good enough job in parading their shame. The world seems to get great joy when Christians fall from Grace. It seems Americans in general get great satisfaction in seeing each other fall. There is some kind of built in “knee jerk” reaction to want to laugh when we see someone fall. However, the older we get the less likely we are to laugh at the fall because through empathy we realize that the older we get the harder it gets to recover from a fall.

When I taught my sons how to ride a bike, I took the training wheels off. I held them up by their seats so that they wouldn’t fall but eventually I had to let them go so that they could learn how to ride by themselves. When they inevitably fell I made sure I was close enough to catch them so they wouldn’t feel the full impact of the fall. When I wasn’t close because they had created distance through progress and they fell, I came to the rescue to pick them up after the fall.

God is the same way! He’s able to keep you from falling but sometimes we get ahead of God and fall on our own. Sometimes, he has to allow us to fall so that we can become stronger. Les Brown said, “It’s alright to fall as long as you pick up something while you’re down there.” The good thing about God is that even when you fall he’s close enough to make sure you don’t experience the full impact of the fall and he’s able to restore you back to your rightful place if you repent.

Through Jesus Christ, God restores us so that we are presentable. We are justified. God makes us look brand new, just as if we never fell, without fault and with great Joy.

Today, I give you to God. I present you to the one who is able to keep you from falling. As you set out on your journey today just know that God is right behind you and he will not let you fall.

Dear God,

Thank you for keeping me from falling. Please keep me each day so that I will not fall but instead finish strong.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment