Thursday, June 14, 2012

God's Not FInished!

Phillipians 1:6  Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
It's always important to me that I finish what I started. Going all the way back to elementary, it was always important for me to finish what I started; whether it was putting together a puzzle or coloring a picture. It didn't rest well with me until it was finished. I believe God is the same way with us. He who has begun a good work in us will be faithful to complete it. It's not that God doesn't finish his work but it's that more times than not we don't allow God to finish his work.

God is the only artist that has to work on a project that keeps moving. As our creator God is challenged to work on us under our own volition. If we don't take the time to be still, how can God ever finish what he started?

1. We have to take the time to be still. The Psalmist said, "Be still and know that he is God." Too many times we are running around frantic without taking the time to be still and let God finish what he is doing in us.

2. We have to go to the Potter's house. Sometimes, we have to go back to God's house and allow the Holy Spirit to work on us from the inside out. That's why it's important to have regular attendance in Church so that God can regularly work on us.

3. We have to work out our own soul salvation according to God's plan. We must participate in God making us over.  We must make sure we are in bible study, going to counseling, participating in ministry, and working on God's master plan for our lives.

4. We have to follow the Blue Print. We must be obedient to God's word. Do not just be hearers of the word but also doers of the word.

5. We must keep building on a solid foundation. Each person will be tested by the fire to see what kind of materials they have been building with. Only what we do for Christ will last.

Dear God,

Please finish the work that you started in me.  I am willing to be still so you can complete your work in me. Put all the pieces to my puzzle in place and please help me to stay within the lines of your will as I live out my life in living color.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment