Thursday, June 14, 2012

Live Up To What You Have Already Obtained

Only let us live up to what we've already obtained

Jesus once said, "To whom much is given, much is required." When God gives us something he's expecting us to do something with it. It is our obligation to live up to what we have already obtained. When we graduate from school and obtain a degree we then have to walk in what we have obtained. We really don't actualize it until we live it out. All that information is meaningless until we live up to it.

I think we will forever be playing catch up in trying to live up to what we already have. I think the problem is chasing more stuff before we live up to what we already have. I was telling my wife the other day that we have not been able to really enjoy what God has done in our lives because we've been too busy going to the next thing. We were visiting Louisville, KY where we got married and shared our first one bedroom apartment. It dawned on me just how fast life was racing by and how we needed to slow down to catch up with what we already have.

How do you live up to what we've already obtained?

1. Make sure you are who you say you are
2. Make sure title fits your purpose
3. Make sure you are comfortable in your own skin
4. Make sure you reflect on what you've already learned
5. Make sure you take hold of that for which God took hold of you

Dear God,

Help me to live up to what I've already obtained. Help my proficiency in preaching to match the urgency of my calling. Help my integrity to match who I am in you. Help me to be the husband that my wife needs me to be. Help me to be the daddy my kids think I am. Help me to study to show myself approved. Help me to be true to myself.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment