Wednesday, April 17, 2013

More Than Bread

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ” (Matthew 4:4 NIV)

Back in the seventies the slang word for money was "Bread." I can remember all the cool cats saying stuff like, "Man, I need some more bread," meaning they needed more money. There's no doubt about it that we could all use a little more bread these days but there's something else we need more. We need God's word which is our daily bread.

We can't get so preoccupied with bread that we don't make room for God's word.

I remember growing up that my mother warned us not to eat so much bread before a meal because we would get full before dinner. Sometimes, we can get so full in the pursuit of bread that we fail to get full of God. When we pursue God first he will supply our daily bread.

That's why Jesus tells us to seek first God's Kingdom and His Rigtheousness and all these things shall be added to us.

Dear God,

Thank you for daily bread. Your hand has provided all I have needed. This morning I will seek you first knowing you will supply all my needs according to your riches in Glory.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

1 comment: