Monday, April 15, 2013

Taking An Alternative Route

When it was time to leave, they returned to their own country by another route, for God had warned them in a dream not to return to Herod. (Matthew 2:12 NLT)

There are times when God sees something that we can't and sends us warning before we get there. God loves us so much that he acts as a watchtower to make sure we make it safely to our destination. Even now I'm sitting in the airport waiting on a delayed flight. I used to get mad but in my maturity I understand that the people in the watchtower see something I don't see or the pilot wanted to make sure the plane was operable before taking off. Sometimes, we have to take alternative routes to get to our destination safely.

The wise men who visited Jesus at birth were tricked by Herod to reveal where Jesus was so he could kill him. He lied and said he wanted to worship him. Some people want to kill what you worship so you have to be careful which route you take after worship.

An angel warned the wise men to go another route because Herod wanted to kill the newborn Jesus. After Jesus has been born in your heart you are at risk going back the way you came. You need an alternative route. God will reveal to you the people who don't mean you any good and sometimes you can't go back to the same people who saw you on your journey.

1. Listen to God's voice as to where he wants you to go.

2. Change up your route to throw the enemy off.

3. After worship head in a new direction.

Dear God,

Lead me on a new path so that I can fulfill my destiny. Protect me from blood thirsty men so that I can get where I'm supposed to be.

In Jesus name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment