Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Think Myself Happy



Acts 26:2

I think myself happy, King Agrippa, because today I shall answer for myself before you concerning all the things of which I am accused by the Jews.

When I think about Jesus and all he’s done for me, how he loosed my chains and set me free…I could dance, dance, dance all night! Ya’ll know that lil jingle from church when the saints start dancing in a frenzy at church. From the outside looking in you might think nobody can be that happy, but there is some truth in that jingle. When you do stop to think about every little thing God has done for you, it’s enough for you to think yourself happy.

In life, we will all find ourselves in predicaments and seasons where we are in a bind. We will find ourselves facing opposition on our way to our destiny, but the key to overcoming despair and depression is to start thinking. When you start thinking, you can’t help but to start thanking. When you begin to take inventory of your life you will begin to see a pattern of God’s intervention in your life and it will lift you beyond your present circumstances.

Paul was accused of stirring up a riot in Athens, and he was standing trial in front of King Agrippa. Have you ever stood before King Agrippa? Have you ever stood in the Grip of debt? Have you ever been in the grip of office politics? Have you ever been in the grip of financial strain? Then you have stood in front of King Agrippa.

Standing in front of King Agrippa is your opportunity to share your faith and think yourself happy. The next time you find yourself in the grip of King Agrippa, you need to do like Paul and start thinking yourself happy.

When Paul stood before King Agrippa he said, I think myself happy because today I shall answer for myself. Why was Paul happy in chains standing before King Agrippa?

1. Because he knew who he believed. Romans 1:16
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

2. Paul had encountered Jesus for himself. He told King Agrippa of how he met Jesus on the Damascus road. Can you recall when you had an experience with Jesus? That is the only thing that can give you hope when you are bound in chains and standing in front of King Agrippa, because you know there is a king higher than King Agrippa. Jesus is King of King’s and Lord of Lord’s.

Paul knew his mission. Jesus had saved him to Acts 26:18 (New International Version)
18. to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'

a. To open the eyes of the gentiles. What unreached person has God put you around so you can open their eyes to the truth?

b. To turn them from darkness to light. There is somebody around you who is trapped in darkness and your faith in God will illuminate their understanding.

c. To turn people form the power of Satan to the power of God.

d. That they may receive forgiveness of sins. Somebody you are in relationship is burdened down by the guilt and shame of sin and they need to know that God is a forgiving God.

e. So that they may receive their inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Jesus Christ. The people around you who don’t know Jesus need to know they have a Stimulus plan in heaven that God wants to release when they put their trust in him.

Dear God I thank you that when I start thinking of all you’ve done for me how you opened doors I could not see, my soul gets happy. Thank you for blessing me and loosing my chains, for bringing me out over and over again. Thank you for being my God and for never forsaking me even when I’m in a bind you set me free. I love you Lord with all my heart.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment