Monday, February 16, 2009

What You Do Determines How You Do



Leviticus 26:3
3'(F)If you walk in My statutes and keep My commandments so as to carry them out,
4then …

God has so much in store for us and much he wants to do for us but he’s waiting on our obedience. Much of the heartache and economic struggle we are going through as a Nation is due to the anarchy and fallenness of our Nation. There is no way that a Holy God is not offended in the perversity of our sin in America with our corporate greed, moral depravity, global espionage, local terrorism, and religious adultery.
America is in danger of losing its place as God’s chosen vessel for world leadership and significance if we do not turn back to God and follow his ways.

As individual Christians, we too are in danger of losing our place of favor with men and God when we forsake God’s will and way. There is a way that seems right to a man but in the end leads to destruction. God’s way is the best way.

Leviticus 26:3 states that if we do three things God will do five things:

1. If you walk. Walk has to do with lifestyle. How you walk determines whether or not you will continue to experience God’s blessing in your life.

2. Keep my commandments. Jesus said, “If you love me then keep my commandments.” Commandments are God’s teaching or rules for life. God gave Moses the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20); Jesus gave the beattitudes in Matthew 5:1-11. If we are really followers of Jesus we will keep his teachings.

3. Perform them. James 1: 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.


When we Keep God’s word, walk in his statutes, and perform it, God promises that he will:

1. Give you rain and produce in your season. The opposite is true when we don’t keep his word, even though you work hard the ground will be like bronze and the heavens like iron, which means that God will work against the work of your hands and you will not be productive without him.

2. Your threshing shall last till the time of vintage, and the vintage shall last to the time of saving. The NIV says, 5 your threshing will continue until grape harvest and the grape harvest will continue until planting, and you will eat all the food you want and live in safety in your land. In other words there will be no gaps between paychecks. God will keep blessing you so you won’t be living paycheck to paycheck.

3. You shall eat your bread to the full and dwell in your land safely. You will have groceries and not have to worry about home invasions.

4. I will rid the land of evil beasts and the sword will not go through your land. You won’t have to worry about sexual predators and drive-bys.

5. You shall chase your enemies and they will fall by the sword. Instead of being chased by the majority God will allow the minority to chase the majority, and he will make your enemies your footstool.

Dear God teach me to keep your commandments. You have given me your word that I might not sin against you. Lord keep me day by day. If you lead me, I will not stray. Lead me, Oh Lord, Lead me. Guide me along the way, For if you lead me I cannot stray. Lord, let me walk each day with thee, Lead me, Oh, Lord lead me.

In Jesus Name,

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment