Wednesday, February 18, 2009

They Ain't Got Nothing On You



Acts 25:27

For it seems to me unreasonable to send a prisoner and not to specify the charges against him.

It's been said that if people can't find anything on you they will make something up. We live in a time where people love to bring others down with innuendos and speculaton. Particularly, if you are about something or helping others while eclipsing the dimming light of those that are no longer relevant, people will try to find something on you to discredit your witness.

Paul stood before Festus, a judge in Ceserea, because the Jews were screaming that Paul wasn't fit to live. Has there ever been someone in your life who said you weren't fit to live? If people had their way you'd be dead already. It seems that Americans get no greater joy than in finding things out on people who are trying to do something with their lives, whether it's Michael Phelps with a bong, speculation over Chris Brown and Rhianna, or plain ole everyday gossip, the media loves to investigate speculative evidence of a moral failure. The good news is that when you have Jesus Christ and you are fully surrendered to him, they can't find nothing on you. The reason is that God has purpsoe over your life and they cant find anything on you to stick. That doesn't mean that you haven't done anything. It just means that you are forgiven. The reason they can't find anything on you is because:

1. When we are in Christ old things have passed away and all things become new.

2. God's grace. Grace is God's unmerited favor. He's been good to us even when we don't deserve it.

3. God's forgiveness. Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace

One day we will all stand before the Judgement seat. God will look at your life for specific reasons to either let you in heaven or sentence you to hell. The only reason any of us will make it in is because Jesus has taken away all the specifics that would condemn us. When we are hidden in Christ, God sees Jesus before he sees us and in Him there is no sin.

Dear God, thank you for setting me free even though I wasn't fit to live. Thank you for letting Jesus be my lawyer in the courtroom and for throwing out the evidence of my life and the accusations of my accusers. When I wasn't fit to live, you didn't let me die. God I want to give my life trying to show you how much I appreciate you keeping me alive. I love you Lord. and it's in Jesus name I pray.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment