Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Night Vision




Acts 18:9, 10
Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision, “Do not be afraid, but speak, and do not keep silent, 10 for I am with you, and no one will attack you, for I have many people in this city.

It is darkest at night. It is at Night when you can’t see as good as you can in the day. It’s at night when everything quiets down. It’s at night when God speaks.

It seems that we are in the nighttime of our discontent with our economy the way it is. It seems we are in the Nighttime of unrest with the wars raging across the world. At the dawning of a New Day with a New President many of us struggle with the Night.

The Apostle Paul struggled at a city called Corinth. He was not sure he could make a difference there with all these Gentiles with their heathen practices and allegiances. He didn’t know if he could come up against old Religious Regimes who wanted to stop this New Way of Following Jesus Christ. He had been attacked so many times in his ministry that he began to wonder is it even worth trying to save people that sometimes don’t want to be saved and go through so much adversity trying to do so. Have you ever wondered is it worth it? With all that I'm up against in the Nighttime of my discontent, is it worth it?

How many times have you almost given up in the night when God showed up with a vision? The bible says if we faint not we will reap an unfading crown of Glory but you got to make it through the night. Kevin Davidson and the Voices sang, " Hold on through the night, everything will be alright, Come along to Victories Side, you were born to win.”

God shows up in the Nighttime of Paul’s perplexing Predicament and gives him Night Vision, the ability to see in the dark when everybody else can’t and he tells him these 5 things:

1. Do not be Afraid. This is the time to operate out of faith and not fear. David said, Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil.”

2. Speak and do not keep silent. Don’t second guess yourself when God gives you a word.

3. I am with you. God told the children of Israel in Deuteronomy 31:6, I am with you, I will never leave you nor forsake you.

4. No One will attack you or hurt you. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.

5. For I have many people in this city. Once when the Prophet Elisha was surrounded by the enemy he told his servant who was afraid, 2 Kings 6:16 “Don’t be afraid” those who are with us are more than those who are with them.

Dear God,

Thank you for giving me “Night Vision.” There are so many that wanted to run me out of this city but you gave me favor. You made a banquet table in the presence of my enemies. You gave me courage to speak in the face of injustice. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is the power unto salvation. You gave me peace in the midst of it all. Lord I thank you for showing yourself strong and for protecting me and my family. Lord I Love you and appreciate you for all you’ve done in my life. I will forever praise your name.

In the Name of Jesus

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment