Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Got Room Now!

2 Samuel 22:33-34
The God who has girded me with strength has opened wide my path. He made my feet like the feet of deer, and set me secure on the heights.


Sometimes, it can seem like life is closing in on you. You don’t have room to move around, real estate is prime and you can’t afford to expand. I’ve lived in spaces so tight I had to go outside to change my mind. The thing that kept me was that I allowed God to expand my territory little by little and appreciate where I was every step of the way.

I think people who are born in small places have an advantage over people born into expansive/expensive places. When you are born into humble beginnings your world view is expanded at a pace where God is at the center and everything that unfolds does so at a pace that you are sure of who the unmoved mover is.

David was from the smallest clan and the youngest in his family but God took him from being a shepherd to being a King, from small to big.

David wrote a song giving a retrospective look at his life and he said, “the God who has girded me with strength has opened wide my path.” David knew what Jabez knew, God is the only one who can expand your territory. God can take a no name person and put them in a place where everybody knows their name. He only expands you at the rate of your acknowledgment. If he moves you too fast you might forget who did it. That’s why the bible says, “be still and know he is God.”

Not only does God widen our path but he also makes our feet like deer’s feet so that we can ascend to secure heights. Oftentimes, our talent takes us where our character can’t keep us but when God widens the path he also strengthens our legs to make the climb. He gives and expects integrity so we can remain secure at the top. Today, I need you to start walking because God is widening your path and he’s giving you the strength to make it to the top. You just have to watch your step.

1. Let God order your steps.

2. Don’t go beyond the borders God has set.

3. Keep your eyes on the path.

Dear God, thank you for expanding my territory. Everyday new mercies I see. My worldview has expanded because of the places you have taken me. Thank you for releasing new territory to me this week. I will be diligent to live in a way that will not embarrass you or get me off track. Please strengthen my legs, don’t move my mountain but please give me the strength to climb. Thank you God for making a way out of no way. On Jesus Christ, the Solid Rock, I stand all other ground is sinking sand.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment