Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Time to Get Your Masters

Romans 6:16
Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience which leads to righteousness.


It’s graduation time and so many young people are off to start their lives as adults. Many will attain higher education and pursue degrees in colleges and universities. When I went to college I didn’t know that after four years of undergraduate work that I would pursue a Masters of Divinity. But in order to become a master over what I had been called to do (ministry) I had to yield myself completely to the field of study that pertained to my professional development. Not only did I want to master it I wanted it to master me.

As believers, we all graduated with a B.A. degree, Born Again, but in order to grow we need to move on to the Master level. Whatever we yield to is what we will be mastered by. The old song goes: Yield not to temptation for yielding is sin each victory will help you some other to win.

Whatever we yield to becomes our master. If we yield to sin, we become slaves to wickedness. If we yield to obedience to God’s will we become slaves of righteousness.
When Cain was about to graduate he was jealous of his brother Able’s gifts. Able got accepted into a better school because of his sacrifice while Cain didn’t get accepted that year. Cain was angry and jealous. God told him if you do what is right will you not be accepted also? But sin is crouching at your door and it wants to Master you. Cain yielded to sin and murdered his brother as a result he became mastered by sin and wandered in the wilderness.

In order to get your Masters in Righteousness you must:

1. Cease using your members to sin as instruments of wickedness. 1 Corinthians 6:14-16 (New International Version)
14By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."[a]


2. Present yourselves to God as those who’ve been brought from death to life. Romans 12:1[ Living Sacrifices ] Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.

3. Present your members to God as instruments of Righteousness.

Dear God,
I’m ready to move on to master in Righteousness. It will take a lot of discipline to Master this next level but I’m ready to live out this next season in obedience to your righteousness and put to death sin in my life. May you be pleased with my sacrifice. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight. I’m ready for you Master.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment