Wednesday, May 19, 2010

They Can't Stay in My House

Psalm 101:7 no one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence.

Your house is your sanctuary where you and God keep peace. Each of us try to create a home where there is a drama free zone and love abides. Therefore, it is vitally important as to who you allow in your space. It is a privilege for people to be invited into your home and if they can't respect your space then they have to go!

David said, "no one who practises deceit will dwell in my house." Oftentimes, you will hear someone say, "This is the house that _____ built." you can feel that person's DNA in that house. As owner of the house you don't want anybody misrepresenting your DNA. Whenever you see these reality shows on swapping wives or swapping kids, whatever house they go into there are house rules. It behooves the guest to pay attention to how the house was built. If you cant abide by the rules you should go.

You don't want anybody in your house who is deceiving people in your house. They are saying or doing something to manipulate others into their own agenda. Paul tells Timothy to have nothing to do with these deceitful people:

2 Timothy 3:6 (New International Version)

6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.


David said, "No one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence!"

In the movie Ray Charles, Ray has to fire his longtime friend & manager because he's been stealing from him. He thought since Ray was blind he could steal from him. But he didn't know Ray had inner vision & discernment. Ray's friend protested that he had been loyal & faithful but Ray said, " scratch a lie, find a thief!" in other words if you will lie to me then you will steal from me. I don't have any room in my house for liars or thieves. You got to go! When we allow deceitful people to stay around us they will eventually steal that which is precious. They can't stay in my house.

Dear God, give me discernment as it pertains to the people in my house. Expose any deceit so my home will be free of anyone who would compromise my DNA. Thank you for my house and for being Lord over it. Be it ever so humble there is no place like home!

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment