Monday, October 25, 2010

They Can't Understand

Acts 22:9
My companions saw the light, but they did not understand the voice of him who was speaking to me.


When God is speaking to you people around you can see the evidence but not necessarily understand what God is saying. What is important to remember is that it’s imperative that you understand the voice and shine your light for your friends to see. Don’t get concerned when they can’t understand the voice of God in your life just make sure you understand what God is saying. God will speak to you and even the closest people to you will not always understand what God is saying in your life. Make sure you hear God and that your light is not compromised.

When Jesus stopped Saul on the Damascus road he appeared as a blinding light as he asked Saul, “Why are you persecuting me?” Saul was terrorizing Christians because he was a Jew, a leading Pharisee. He was hunting down Christians to beat them and put them in prison for following Jesus. Imagine the confusion of his companions when he told them he was talking to Jesus. He was on his way to beat some Christians up and now he’s having a conversation with Jesus in the middle of the road.

Some of your friends don’t understand why you stopped in the middle of what you were doing to have conversation with Jesus. You were going one way and God sent you in a New Direction and people still can’t understand the voice. They can’t understand that you don’t want to go to the Juke Joint no more. They don’t understand why you won't have sex with them anymore. They don’t understand why you stopped spending all your money on them. God spoke and you stopped and they can’t understand the voice. You can’t wait for people to understand before you obey. I can show you better than I can tell you. Instead of trying to explain to people what he said, live your life in such a way that your light reflects the Glory of God in your life.

1. Get clarity on what God is saying in your life.
2. Walk on the street called straight.
3. Fast and pray so God can give you instruction for your New Direction.

Dear God,
Let my light shine bright as I am obedient to your voice. Whatever you tell me to do, I’ll do. Whatever you tell me to say, I’ll say it. Wherever you tell me to go, I’ll go. Just help me to understand your voice.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment