Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I've Been Restored

Psalm 80:7
Restore us, O God Almighty; Make your face shine upon us, that we may be saved.


One of the most frustrating things for me is when my iPhone will not function properly. Recently, I received notification that I was eligible for an upgrade on my phone. When I tried to sync it with my iMac it gave me an error message saying, “This device is not eligible for an upgrade”. To make matters worse it kicked my iphone and ipad into restore mode. I was hot! I felt so lost. I had to go back to the Genius bar at Apple to see why my devices wouldn’t work.

Do you know how it feels to have some equipment that you depend upon and they not be able to function. Nobody could call me. I couldn’t call anyone. I could see the light on but I wasn’t getting any power. They had a form of functioning but no power to go with it. I took them to Apple and the genius people told me the reason they weren’t working was:

1. Too many people were trying to access the server. When too many people have access to you it causes you to be overloaded and you miss upgrades from the Holy Spirit thus causing you to go into Restore mode.

2. My iTunes was not properly loaded. If you are not in Tune with the Holy Spirit you can’t receive new information. I have to be Tuned into God to receive new revelation.

3. I lost all of my functionality and needed to be restored back to factory setting. Every now and then we need to be restored back to our factory settings. When David messed up with Bathsheba and committed adultery and murder, he asked God to restore the joy of his salvation and to renew the right spirit within him. Even the best of us mess up and need to be restored.

4. After you’ve been restored you have to reload your Apps. Watching everything I was putting back on my phone made me question did I really need this App or was it just taking up space?

Today, go to the Genius Bar and ask God to search you and if he find any wicked way to take it out. Ask God to restore you back to the place where you were in him before your overload so he can download the new information he has for your life.

Dear God,

Restore us. Get us back to the place where we were before we gave away too much access and too much disk space. Shine on us again so that we can be saved and upgrade our lives to match your will.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment