Tuesday, June 21, 2011

This Ain't Your Fight!

2 Chronicles 20:17

New International Version (NIV)

17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.’”




You ever get tired of fighting? Seems like every time you turn around, there is something else jumping off. It can be draining to always have to fight. You feel like Ms. Sophia, “I’ve had to fight my Uncles, my cousins, I will be doggone if I’m going to have to fight my husband to.” Sometimes, you get tired of fighting. Every time we turn on the TV we have battles waging. We have the war in Afghanistan and Iraq. We have the war between the democrats and the republicans. We have the war of unemployment and foreclosure. We have the war of poor education and lack of healthcare. It can be draining.

The good news this morning is that you don’t have to fight all of these battles. In fact, the battle you are up against right now is not your fight. You will not have to fight this one because this one is the Lords! God says, “I got this one!” You just show up and watch me do my thing! After all you’ve prayed for God is about to show up on your behalf.



King Jehoshaphat was surrounded by three enemies and he was outnumbered. He was so overwhelmed that he did the only thing he knew to do. He prayed. He called all the people together and asked them to pray and fast. Jesus told his disciples that there are some things so difficult that the only way to deal with them is through prayer and fasting. After they prayed and fasted the Holy Spirit fell on one of them and he prophesied that they would not have to fight they would just have to:

1. Take up their positions. You will not have to fight but you have to let the enemy know where you stand. What do you believe about the war in Afghanistan? What do you believe about education in America? What do you believe about Universal Healthcare? What’s your position?

2. Stand firm. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. said, “If a man has not found something to stand for he will fall for anything.” You can’t be flimsy in your faith.

3. Go out and face your enemy. You can’t be afraid to face the people that are up against you. When David had to face Goliath he didn’t just face off with him, he took out running towards him.

When Jehoshaphat did what God told him to do, God showed up on his behalf. I like what he did before he went out to face the enemy. He put the praise team in front of the army. They began to sing, “Give thanks to the Lord, for his love endures forever!” The more they praised him the more the enemy was defeated. God sent an ambush against the enemy so that when they got there the enemy was already defeated. You ought to give God praise in advance for the battle he’s fighting for you!

Dear God,

Thank you for fighting for me! I refuse to give into fear or anxiety. This is not my fight. This fight is not carnal but spiritual. I surrender my fear in exchange for my faith. I will take up my position, stand for what I believe, and go out to face what I need to face knowing that I already have the victory! I’m praising you right now for a victorious outcome! Thank you Lord, for fighting for me.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment